Monday 16 March 2015

Porter Łódzki - I had to be a jelly...

Porter Łódzki - I had to be a jelly...




Sometimes it just happens that something goes wrong. Well, this time it was because of my absolute lack of patience. It was to be a plum jelly on Porter Lódzki, and came out to be ... something.
Guests on the way, the preparations for the dinner are in full swing, I pull the jelly from the refrigerator, and here instead of jelly - far too runny goo. I had to think fast, because there was no other options for dessert. The first thing that came to mind was a very simple, one of my favorite desserts - Eton Mess. Without thinking much I called a friend who provided me all additional components, and I started to work. And again, it did not work out as I wanted. I didn't give up anyway, I tried a little more and now I'm pleased to show you my original dessert called "I had to be jelly ...";-)


About the beer - Porter Łódzki by Browary Łódzkie

Strong, aromatic dark beer. The color black as tar. Only under intense light ruby reflections are visible. Very nice bouquet fragrance, typical of the Baltic porters. In taste we can notice notes of plums, raisins, caramel and porto. Clear roasted bitterness and sweetness of chocolate. Dry and full-bodied.






Ingredients and recipe:

750ml of Porter Łódzki
1 kg of plums
2 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of gelatin
Heat the beer, add sugar and sliced plum. Take off the heat and dissolve gelatin in a little warm water. Pour into individual dishes and put to the fridge overnight (or at least 5h).


Or when we are extremely impatient:


250g of mascarpone
1 packet of biscuits
sugar
heavy cream
sea salt

Mix 3/4 of jelly with mascarpone, break some biscuits. Caramelize sugar (as in the recipe for panna cotta), add half a teaspoon of salt to the caramel. In a glass for whiskey put: biscuits, cream, biscuits, rest of jellies and caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment